Tuesday, February 28, 2017

TRAVEL? WE'RE NOT RETIRED YET!


      I know I am a traveling fool and have probably traveled in my life when I shouldn't have. But, when I hear the following incident, I just have to shake my head and say what are you waiting on!

      A lady, who is a regular, was checking out at the Burg Grocery and was talking about her husband's upcoming "retirement." The clerk, who knew her, asked her that since both would be retired what they would do then. The lady mentioned that they would probably do a little traveling. 

       Big mouth Dennis had to ask something like--"You haven't done any traveling yet?" Her reply to me and with a very stern look was-- "We are not retired yet!" From there, I did keep my mouth shut! Maybe it is a good thing everybody is not out there traveling. Those highways would be way too crowded!

No comments:

Post a Comment