Sunday, March 25, 2018

WHEN STORMS WERE STORMS!


      This past Friday, 3/23,2018, I made a run to he grocery store because it sounded like we were going to get a "Big Storm" in my area, Williamsburg, Iowa, and of course I didn't want to starve to death!

          Well, we got a nice snow along with some wind. Mostly rain preceded the snow and probably kept the snow total down to 4-5 inches or so. By mid afternoon, Saturday, the snow plow had been by and my landlord cleaned my drive way. Life is good and back to normal. I did forget to mention our electricity was off for about an hour. 

        Living in town is a lot different than the country I know. When I was a kid back during the 1950's and living in the country on a farm it was a different ballgame. I truly believe the storms and total snow fall was greater, snow plows didn't get around as quick, and our homes were  not insulated as well. 

           Even last Saturday the 17th, St. Patrick's Day, with a big snow in the area, the interstate was absolutely cleared by noon of that day and traffic was flowing normally. I'm sure those that live in the country would somewhat disagree with my analysis but, with their big pick-ups and SUV's and special traction, they, too, have life a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment