Monday, March 5, 2018

SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T GO BACK!


      Early yesterday evening and prior to the Oscars, I drove out to the Landmark restaurant off I-80 for a Hot Fudge Sundae. It had been calling me for some time as I can't recall the last time I enjoyed that treat.

        Needless to say the young lady making it was her first time and it turned out mostly ice-cream and very little Hot Fudge jammed into one of those tall soda glasses without the HOT part. She at least tried and all was cool.

       It did remind me of a time of long ago, when I remember ordering a Hot Fudge Sundae at the Dairy Queen on North 3rd Avenue in Marshalltown, Iowa.  They used to put the ice-cream in a round  light card board cup with ample ice-cream and a BIG blob of Hot Fudge(and it was HOT) draped over the ice-cream. You had to be careful in eating it all with balance so you didn't end up with too much ice-cream or fudge. Hopefully, just right! 

        Back in the mid-1990's, I went there for a Hot Fudge and went back up for a little more Fudge as I had run out and had too much ice-cream left. The lady was going to charge me another 65 cents or so! What! At the time they measured everything out  exactly. I never went back there. Ah, for the good old days when there was quality with quantity and everyone was happy. By the way--that Hot Fudge Sundae last night was $5.65! Times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment