Thursday, March 15, 2018

GUEST TOWELS/I HAVE BETTER IDEA!


      In the "Dear Abby" column of yesterday,3/14/2018, it had to do with a poem about using the guest towels and using them. It reminded me of several years ago and a Holiday party that a dear friend held in her home.

         I thought it was very clever of her to actually use special paper towels in a nice wicker basket. To me, it always seemed idiotic to put out these fancy hand towels when some would use and leave them crumbled up. Most importantly, it seems like you are just passing along germs with these fancy hand towels. 

          When I saw this it was during the early 2000's and I'm sure most people put out "disinfectant" handy wipes, etc. On an ongoing basis, I don't put out "fancy" guest towels. If and when I have a guest I let them know which towel or towels to use. But, just to be a thoughtful host I think I'll keep a package of handy-wipes handy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment