Saturday, March 10, 2018

JUST WHEN YA' SEEN IT ALL!


       This A.M. I drove to Belle Plaine for a household auction. There wasn't much value in the average item, but, most product was in good condition. One thing that a lady near me bid on was just a couple of rolling pins. I talked to her earlier and she said she collected rolling pins and would probably be seeing some action. I had teased her about needing a new one against her hubby.

        This same lady was the winning bidder on these pins and after studying one of them, I couldn't figure out why it looked so funny. I walked over o her and asked what type it was as it was "ribbed" all the way up and down. She didn't know nor did another lady nearby.

       When I got back to my seat I even asked another lady who I believe was a dealer. She immediately replied that it was for rolling out noodles! First, I was surprised that the lady that bought it didn't know and secondly, I was surprised that a lifetime of auctions I had not run in to one. It was cool and I wish I had gotten it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment