Wednesday, March 28, 2018

ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL/COUNT BLESSINGS!


       I wanted to see the Eagles Concert held in Des Moines last night(Monday, 3/26/2018.) It is probably the only big time Rock group still around that I have wanted to see live in my life-time and possibly Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.

        The big deterrent  was the price of a ticket at Wells Fargo. I just didn't feel like paying $130 plus to sit in the"Nose Bleeds!" If it were in my younger years, I would have gone down and "scalped" like I have done many times--ie. Billy Joel in Ames. Plus, living 100 plus miles away didn't help the cause.

       But, like many things at my stage in life, I just tell myself to be grateful for all I have done and seen in my lifetime. From the 1950's through the early 2000's, I have probably seen over 50 major singers and groups plus dozens of major Broadway Musicals. I am fortunate to have counted seeing Elvis Presley twice, The Bee Gee's, Billy Joel, Elton John, Andy Williams, The Big Bopper, Fleetwood Mac, Santana, Chicago, Dobbie Brothers, KC and the Sunshine Band, and many more. All major attractions during their time. 

        At times like this instead of "moping around" I just tell myself I fortunate I have been to have enjoyed so much in my lifetime. Besides, a few years ago I saw a Tribute Band of the Eagles at the Iowa State Fair and to me they WERE the real Eagles and they were free. One of the best bands period, appear locally and it's called Fez-Tribute to Steely Dan. In a couple of weeks I will be seeing a Tribute to Roy Orbison and the Everly Brothers all for $20. Life is still good!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment