Thursday, March 1, 2018

GROCERY STORE--NOT IN RIGHT PLACE!


       This past Monday, 02/26/2018, I drove to Newton, Iowa and met Jerry and Judy Roberts for a visit with a mutual Laurel School classmate Bob Baker and his wife Sandi. Bob recently moved from Norwalk to an apartment in Newton, Iowa.   .


         After our visit and before heading home, I stopped at a Fareway Grocery Store just a block away. One main thing that was a must buy was a container of raisins to top off my daily oatmeal breakfast. 

         I started out with the normal in order "weave" of each isle. No raisins in the isle with, fruit, around breakfast foods, baking supplies, and on. Then I even cut through each isle and re-checked and double checked areas. No, I couldn't find in any isle one employee which one usually runs into and that can assist.

          Since Monday was a very warm late February day, I was starting to over heat as being a little over dressed and was also getting frustrated. I decided to just check out and go back to Williamsburg and get the raisins there. I asked the check out lady where they were located at that point just out of curiosity.

      She pointed up to the front of the entry way and an area where they primarily displayed featured items like potato chips, beverages, etc, not raisins. That would have been the last place I would have looked besides the manager's office or employees lounge. I did slowly walk up and picked up a box and slowly returned to the check out. Yes, I did do a little complaining, but was too tired and hot to track down the head honcho!





No comments:

Post a Comment