Sunday, May 8, 2016

RETIREMENT-SORT OF!


      I used to make light of people who worked, especially, in factories and jobs that were repetitious every day for 365 days a year. No wonder they could tell you with precision to the last day when they were going to retire. 

      It hasn't been the same for me though. I have been fortunate through-out my life to have been involved in different occupations which provided diversity most every day even though many of those days went far beyond the normal 40 hours per week. And, I never would have changed being my own boss. No sir!

      All the advice I've received or heard about retirement all centers around "KEEP MOVING!" My doctor, a few years ago, told me about how many patients he had treated and upon their retirement and basically sitting in a chair didn't last long!

       A close friend and class-mate, Tony Preston, still plays tennis and is involved in a softball league. At least I power walk every morning for approx. 25-30 minutes plus my part-time job involves walking and moving for 6-7 hours per day for 3 days per week. My daily battle is always trying to lose weight versus my love of eating and cooking. It has been the very fabric of my life style.   

No comments:

Post a Comment