Sunday, May 8, 2016

BEING COURTEOUS DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!


      Living in a smaller community I find everyone to be more passive and polite. That's a good thing most times. It's not good, though, when it comes to driving on occasion. I first experienced this when living in Marshalltown and now especially in Williamsburg. 

      The driving situation goes like this. When pulling up to a four way corner, I am going to make a left hand turn. The person who pulls up at the same time across from me is going straight. Even if the person, usually an old guy like myself with too much time on his hands, has the right-of-way, he waves me on to make my left hand turn. 

       I don't know how many times this has happened. I know they are just being polite, but, by all traffic laws not right. Sometimes, I use hand gestures for them to go first or just sit and wait them out. Where do people get their driver's license? Cracker Jacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment