Monday, May 30, 2016

GRAND-DAUGHTER'S GRADUATION/SUCH DIVERSITY!


        My grand-daughter, Ciera Madison Riley graduated from Roosevelt High School in Des Moines, Iowa this past Saturday May 28, 2016. The commencement was held in  the Knapp Center at Drake University. 

       I couldn't help think of the difference between my graduation class at Laurel High School in 1962 and our class of 20 plus as compared to Ciera's huge class of around 350. And, I realize there are some graduating classes in the Metro area much larger. 

       It was pointed out by the Principal that over thirty languages are spoken in the class or school. And, not that it is a bad thing, I never witnessed at a high school graduation, by the class and guests, so much diversity in race and I assume by the dress-religion. It will, no doubt, prepare a lot of these graduates for what lies ahead for them. Times are a changing! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment