Sunday, May 1, 2016

MAYBE I SHOULD SWEAR OFF ROLLER COASTER!


     At 72 I still want to ride a coaster at least one more time. I love the thrill and always have. This summer they are putting up one at Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa replacing the old Log Ride and it is suppose to be one of the better ones in the entire country. I will be giving it serious thought--however!

      A few short years ago, about 5 to be exact, I jumped on the "Tornado," the old fashion wood roller coaster at Adventureland,. I decided to go it alone as no one else would join me at the time!

       Up we went on that first long steep trip up before that first long really steep drop down. Oh, how I love that feeling just the second of hesitation before she drops! Of course you must hold your hands up as you drop! Are you kidding, you can't be holding on with your hands. 

      But, as a precaution, I always keep my toes braced under the seat ahead just in case. I'm not totally stupid! Not sure what I did to my left ankle during that thrilling ride and all that bracing, but, it took at least six weeks for that ankle to return to normal. That still isn't going to stop me again--well, maybe! 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment