Thursday, May 26, 2016

MEMORABLE LETTER FROM NORWAY 1948!


     My sister, Doris, gave me an old letter that was actually sent to me November 1948.
She had a pen pal at the time from Oslo, Norway. Doris' pen pal's mother wrote this letter to me on behalf of the pen pal's young brother who was also age three as I was at the time. The letter was written in English and I would like to share it!

Oslo Nov. 11, 1948

Dear Dennis Michael

      I am just a little boy from Norway. My mother is writing this. My mother tells me that you live on a farm where you have all kinds of animals. Would like to live like that. I love all the animals cows, horses, pigs, chickens, and don't forget the dog and cat. We live in a big city with 300,000 people but we just have one room and a kitchen. We don't have room for a dog or cat. 

      I'm sending you a picture of myself so you can see that I am a big boy. We now have winter and I've already been out on the sled. I would like to get more snow and then they can go on skies. We can skate on ice with ice skates too. The weather has been nasty, foggy and rainy like. The smoke from the big boats hangs over the town. Oslo is a sea town. Lots of greetings and a Happy New Year from your Letter Pal.

                                      Olav Opsahl 

No comments:

Post a Comment