Saturday, May 2, 2015

SCHOOL REUNION -WHY WAIT?


     I ran into an old high school classmate this past week from dear Laurel High. He had just received the invitation that was sent out this past week for our school reunion to be held this coming June. He indicated that he and his wife would probably not attend this year, but, would wait till the next one for our 55th! If I am right in the numbers since we graduated in 1962 , it would be 2017.

    I sort of laughed and scolded him at the same time. My answer was what are you waiting for? We are 71 years old and since the last class graduated in 1963, we are considered the "youth" of the school. He thought they would wait for the year that our class would be honored! My reply to that was everybody at this stage should be honored for just being around and able to make it!

      Hope to see he and his wife here this year. It's getting later than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment