Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ARE THERE ANY SUPPER CLUBS STILL AROUND?



     A lady at work the other day referred to me a "supper club" in the Cedar Rapids area. She referred to it as her favorite restaurant. knowing her background, somewhat, I figure it is worth checking out. But, I am not going to name it until I check it out myself.

      It got me to wondering if there are many supper clubs left in Iowa, good supper clubs. By definition it is a place of all night destination. Starting with cocktail hour, dining, the some type of entertainment-usually a piano bar.

      Jax in Marshalltown at one time would have been considered a supper club, along with the Lark in Tiffin, and Johnny's Vet Club in West Des Moines.

     If you know of any please pass them along. It could be fun. It's kind of like the drive-in theater! After all, they were started back in the 1930's and 1940's. I am sure some of your local vet's clubs and service clubs still serve this function today.

No comments:

Post a Comment