Sunday, May 17, 2015

IT'S OK IF MEMORIES TASTE BETTER!


     This past Saturday after coming back from Des Moines, we stopped into Jaarsma's Bakery in Pella. We picked out several favorites to take home with us including a Dutch Letter, of course, and a chocolate Eclaire for Ilah and a vanilla cream puff for myself.

      Later that evening, we made our treats disappear without too much trouble. But, we both commented that we have had better in years past. There used to be a bakery in Marshalltown when I was a kid on Main Street called the Ideal Bakery about just west where the Tremont complex is today. 

      When my mother came home with a few of those cream puffs, chocolate and vanilla, it was the greatest treat ever. For some reason I loved the vanilla best. They were smaller than the ones from Jaarsma's, but, the outer shell crust was much lighter and the cream inside always seemed to explode with the first bite. Oh, My!

No comments:

Post a Comment