Thursday, May 21, 2015

AN ACT OF KINDNESS @ TAYLOR'S MAID-RITE!


     This past Thursday, I had stopped in for my one with everything and a glass of water since I figured out how much a soft drink costs. When I was ready to pay, I motioned to a young lady behind the counter and she looked over at me, pointed toward where a couple had just left on the west side, and indicated they had paid for my sandwich.

       I asked one more time thinking I didn't hear her right. I had not recognized the couple, but, that doesn't always mean anything. Different things immediately crossed my mind. a) Did the couple actually know me and wanted to show some kindness. b) Did they not know me and  simply felt sorry for an old guy dressed in a frayed denim shirt. c) Did they know me and see how I was dressed and really did feel sorry for me.

      I really want to think it was simply someone who wanted to show an act of kindness. Nothing more. Nothing less! It felt good, but, next time when I do that for someone, I bet it will feel even  better! Give it a try!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment