Saturday, December 27, 2014

THE BEST POPCORN EVER!!

      This past week, while helping a lady put her groceries in her trunk, I noticed an old pressure cooker also sitting in the back. She had just purchased it at a nearby antique store and was going to use it for making popcorn as she was in the habit of doing and she was on her second or third one.

       Who would of believed that you could run into someone that makes popcorn exactly the same as myself. For years, no decades, I have made popcorn that way. A little vegetable oil, then a cup of yellow popcorn, normally, and then tighten the lid but not as to seal it. With some steady shuffling back and forth on the stove top you have the best and moist popcorn you will ever eat in your lifetime.

      By now, I am on my third popcorn pressure cooker. It's always fun to buy a different one from time to time at an auction or antique store. You can have that so-called stuff you make in  a micro-wave or that air pop fluff. No sir! Give me the real mccoy in something from  a by-gone era!

No comments:

Post a Comment