Tuesday, December 16, 2014

HEY KIDS DO YOU LOVE THAT BLUE GRASS?

     Saturday I was headed to Grinnell to visit my sister. Sometimes, when in the car alone, it's nice to get out some of my favorite CD's and turn up the volume and  cruise down the highway. 

     My picks for this day were a little Cajun and Zydeco. One thing about this type of music, it just makes you feel good and want to tap your feet and clap your hands. I have always said that Cajun is just blue-grass, but, only sung in French. Both Cajun and Zydeco have a lot fiddle and accordion.  Zydeco is a little blues and cajun mixed together. I fell in love with a lot of  this music at the New Orleans Jazz Festival on a couple of occasions.

     Years ago, a friend and I threw a party at our home on Rio Valley Drive in Clive, Iowa. We hired a blue grass band that we had heard about and had them set up in our garage. The great thing about that type of music is you just want to clap your hands and stomp your feet. It didn't matter whether you liked Rock or Country, this music didn't seem to offend anyone.

     Even years later, people would come up and say what a great party it was. It was the music. And, we also invited most everyone in the neighborhood!! 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment