Friday, September 15, 2017

TRAVELING W/ A POSITIVE TAKE!


      There is no doubt about the fact that I love to travel. I have always thought it would have been cool if I would amassed a fortune large enough to purchase one of those big motor home rigs you see heading down the interstate and pulling the really cool car behind!

      But, last year I did windows for a local customer near Williamsburg, Iowa who from all accounts had amassed at least a small fortune. His response,  when asked about their traveling and if they did it in a big ol' motor home was a responsive NO!
 
      His logic was that when traveling and being "retired" they would just get up and go when the calling came. His first remark was--"You know how much those rigs cost"? "Besides, you can stay at a lot of motels before you could pay for one of those things!"

         At least it made me feel better about not being able to afford "a rig!"  Besides, when traveling, part of the traveling pleasure is eating out and looking for those special eateries in various locals. And, I don't mean Denny's or Mickey D's!
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment