Wednesday, September 13, 2017

NIGHTS OF BROADWAY--DISCO AWAY!

    
         The other day as I was listening to this old Disco hit during the mid 1970's by the Bee Gee's, it took me back to that special time. I was recovering from and  a devastating divorce and had bought a new home at 1806 Rio Valley Drive in Clive, Iowa with a good friend, Bob Merritt.
         We had just moved in around the fall of 1976 and Bob was out of town on this particular week-end and I had the house all to myself. I had also just bought a new stereo system for my bedroom complete with huge speakers. With the system I bought a bunch of albums with all my favorite groups and hits. 

          I walked outside and walked near the adjoining home's lot line to determine if my stereo could be heard with the volume turned up full blast. Nope! I went back in and stretched out on my bed and listened to all my favorite tunes including all those great hits from the Bee Gee's/ The Ultimate--STAYIN ALIVE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment