Friday, September 29, 2017

DORIS ENDS NEWSPAPER/WORLD MAY END!


       While staying with my sister, Doris, this past week, I noticed there weren't any newspapers around --none! As long as I can remember, she has been taking the Marshalltown Times Republican. Plus most magazines were gone. 

       When I asked her about it, she indicated that when she was having Back issues it was uncomfortable to sit and read her paper. Her subscription was also running out about that time and thought that she would just read the Times on-line.

        I was some-what amazed in that she has always had newspaper about and enjoyed keeping some from time to time to re-read certain articles or stories. On the other-hand I was sort of proud of her that she was getting with it and proving that she could jump into the "Tech" world. 

         She mentioned that she renew her subscription as she now feels better. It will be interesting to see which way she decides to go. I too, still take the Des Moines Register and have most of my adult life. It's part of my morning ritual and habit. But, it's not like I don't get my fill from news sources like MSNBC, CNN, FOX & FOX BUSINESS. I am a news junkie and am not afraid to admit it. Yes, I do and can get news off the internet, but, I still like opening up that "paper" in the morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment