Friday, September 22, 2017

ROYAL GORGE-NO THANK YOU!


      On the last leg of my Colorado trip was heading back east along Federal #50 and going by the Royal Gorge. I have been to this tourist attraction as the highest suspension bridge in Colorado two or three times in my life and the 1,000 ft. bridge is something to behold.

        In 2006, I completed my top Bucket List adventure by white watering down the Arkansas River beneath this American Treasure. When finally arriving there I just assumed and/or had forgotten that it cost $23.00 to just walk across the wood bridge or take the Gondola across which I had done a few years ago.

        It just wasn't in me at that point to spend the money to see again what I had already experienced before. Besides, taking in the Black Canyon on the Gunnison the day before, fulfilled my deep, narrow, dark, and scary thrill for the trip. And, it didn't cost me a dime as it is a National Park and I do possess the lifetime National Park Pass.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment