Thursday, October 27, 2016

WORLD SERIES/I WIN BOTH WAYS-SORT OF!


     Don't get me wrong. I am with the Cubs all the way in the World Series. I really have been a fan of the Cubs since I attended the first night game at Wrigley back on August 9th, 1988.* I think at first I fell in love with Wrigley and the whole neighborhood that surrounds it more than the the actual Cubs.

       When I was a young boy back in the early 1950's, I was a big Cleveland Indians fan because of Bob Feller their ace pitcher and from Iowa. Rocky Colavito was the Indians big slugger in the 1950's into the 60's. Al Rosen was another standout that I remember as one of the first or few Jewish baseball players of the time and nick-named the "Hebrew Slammer!"

        But, make no mistake I will be very disappointed if the Cubs don't win the Series. However, if they don't win, a part of me will be happy for the Indians! As a famous American once said: (my mother) "Someone has to win and someone has to lose!"   

       

No comments:

Post a Comment