Sunday, October 30, 2016

BEST CONCERT I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE W/ SISTER DORIS


      It was 1999 and my sister, Doris, had tickets to see the George Strait Tour concert at Jack Trice stadium at ISU in Ames, Iowa. It was a star studded all day concert with the likes of the Dixie Chicks and Kenny Chesney.

        She asked me to attend with her as someone she had asked couldn't go. At first I didn't realize it would be an all day affair. Let's be honest here. I am not a big Country music fan and when I found out it was an all day deal I had second thoughts. 

       On hind-sight and with regret, I talked Doris out of seeing two of the early afternoon acts. But then,  I thought that this was something that my big sister wanted to see and would enjoy, so suck it up Dennis and enjoy it with her.

       And, boy did I! First, it was a beautiful day and the seats were in the 5th row front and center. Doris ordered these tickets through ticket-master, Fargo, North Dakota, got right in and obtained these great seats. There were NASCAR race cars sitting around and lots of great food like corn on the cob!

       The short of it, I probably had more or at least as much fun as my sister. The funniest part was when George Strait was ready to perform, Doris wanted to leave to beat the traffic and, besides, she had seen him several times! The day proved that sometimes we end up enjoying something that we didn't want to do in the first place! 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment