Sunday, October 23, 2016

WHERE'S WAUBEEK IA-IT'S BY WHERE?


      This past week at the Burg Grocery some one brought up something that happened at a town in Iowa called Waubeek. I asked where it was as I had never heard of it. The response was that it was near Central City which I had heard of, but, still was not sure where it was located. 

       It reminded me of my mother from time to time when bringing up someone she knew many years ago around Laurel.  She would mention a name of someone who lived X miles west of Laurel. I wouldn't know who she was talking about because she was going back to the 1930's or so. Usually, she would have to keep coming up to a time when I knew the current people and then I could pin-point where her story was originating. 

       Now I sometimes go through the same thing similar with my sister, Doris, but only because` she might be talking about someone that I never knew since I haven't lived in the Laurel area for a long long time. Besides, she knows more people than the average bear!  

No comments:

Post a Comment