Saturday, October 15, 2016

A DAY OF TOTAL PLEASURE!


      Here it is 7AM and I can't wait for this day to get started. This noon I am going to meet good friends, Jerry and Judy Roberts, at Goldie's in Prairie City for lunch. I can taste that golden brown tenderloin already. The Iowa Hawkeyes are playing Purdue at 11AM.

       From Goldie's and on my drive back to the Burg, I intend to drive down by Red Rock Lake and possibly see some fall color. From there I will head to Pella and Jaarsma Bakery. To me this is the best bakery and pastry shop on the planet!

        Then, this evening my Cubs play the Dodgers in game one at Wrigley for the National League title. If I am the little bit hungry, I'll have a  sandwich during the game from the meat loaf I made last night with most scrumptious Heinz 57 and brown sugar glaze. Possibly, the best I have ever made. Come on Saturday! (10/15/2016)  

No comments:

Post a Comment