Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT-POLKA MUSIC!


       It was the 30th of Septmber, a Friday night in Amana, Iowa. Along with my cousin, Dianne Davis, we had just finished dinner at the Oxyoke Inn and had walked across the street to look around at the General Store. Did I mention it was the first night of the Octoberfest Celebration. 

       As we were strolling around the store, they were playing some really upbeat Polka Music. I never really cared for Polka as I have always been an old R & R guy when it comes to dancing. But, for some reason the music being played really made me want to Polka without even knowing how to dance it!

        The other day, to my surprise, Dianne sent me a couple of Polka CD's. My favorite so far is one entitled :"Who stole the Kishka!" I hope my new musical revelation is not just because of my age, but, rather a new discovery to being hip!  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment