Sunday, June 10, 2018

THE YOUNG LADY LIKED MY HAT!


          The other day I was checking out at our local Casey's and the lady clerk complimented me on my new, canary yellow baseball hat that I was wearing. Fortunately she didn't notice my faded pair of sweat pants or faded grey T-shirt that I was sporting. 

          About 20 years ago, when I started wearing a faded yellow, plain, baseball hat and was told by a "young" lady passing by that I really looked good wearing "yellow." Well, you guessed it.  That was all I ever wore after that for a long long time. 

            One thing I still spend money on that I probably shouldn't is buying baseball hats, mainly for work, and the same type that I wore those many years ago and after the compliment! Today, I still buy my hats from a company called "Adams" and originally from the store in Marshalltown, Iowa called In Stitches. Today, I mostly go on-line to buy them.

           I generally just wear clothes for work that are older, pretty worn, but, comfortable. And now, I have ventured out in my color of hats and wear faded black, orange, pink, yes pink, and my latest color is plum. Usually if one my hats shows a little wear or shrinks a tad from washing, it gets the ax!

          Yes, wearing a new hat makes me feel better and if a young lady here and there thinks I look good in a new hat, well who's to argue with a lady--and, besides it's just the cost of doing business!

No comments:

Post a Comment