Thursday, June 14, 2018

CUB TO THE LEFT BREWER TO THE RIGHT!


        Yesterday, Wednesday the 13th of June 2018, was a day I will remember despite the fact that my Cubs lost this afternoon game at Miller's Park. It was my first experience attending a sporting event with a retractable roof. It was impressive to say the least with the shear size of the place. 

        My seats were better than I had requested when ordering. I always try to sit around first base where a lot of the action is. My seat was on the Loge level and was close to the right side of home plate. I could easily look up and see the broadcast booth and could look into the Cubs dugout on the third base side. 

         A couple from Chicago sat on my left and were very interesting as was the couple on my right who drove in from the Green Bay area. We all got along and probably it was a good thing for me that the Cubs did not provide much action. 

             And, to show what a small world we live in, a couple that I talked to while waiting for the doors to open were from Cedar Rapids. Another guy who was sitting next to me while waiting was from Elkhorn, Wisconsin, the town that I stayed in the night before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment