Saturday, June 16, 2018

AMAZING-A BEER CAN VACUUM!


       As I was sitting at the Cubs-Brewers baseball game this past Wednesday, 6/13/2018, and making a mess with my peanut shells all around, I was reminded of an impression that I witnessed years ago. The incident happened back in the late 1970's while attending an Indy 500 race.

        At one time you were able to take a certain size of container/cooler with your favorite brew into the race track. Some fans even would put their coolers on a little red wagon and then leave  it behind once at their area or section. 

          There would would piles of empty beer cans underneath the bleachers after the race was over. On time while leaving, I remember watching an employee operating this huge "Vacuum Tube" and I assume connected to a big container nearby and it was sucking up those beer cans at lightning speed. 

         It's one thing to witness small racing machines doing 200 mph, but, to see a giant beer can vacuum was truly impressive! It's the little things ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment