Monday, June 4, 2018

GOOD OLD DAYS? MAYBE!


           The other day while cleaning windows at the Amana Retirement Community, I realized how easy I had it compared to cleaning windows when I was a teen on the family farm. The difference is pretty stark, but, had its trade-offs!

        The other day while cleaning windows at the Amana Retirement Community, I realized I couldn't have it easier. All the windows I was doing could be easily reached by just standing at ground level, easy casement style windows, and using an easy wide applicator and an 18" inch squeegee. Each housing unit in/out took a little over a half-hour. 

        Even though the screens and storms on the farm were wood, heavy, and very large, and the rags were not very absorbent, there were still the pluses! It was generally a very sunny Fall day while working and above all I had my trusty blue imitation leather encased portable radio and listening to my Iowa Hawkeyes football team and Jim Zabel-announcer! Never can replace those fond memories!   

No comments:

Post a Comment