Monday, June 4, 2018

"THE BEST REASAURANT IN IOWA!"


       Today, while making a visit to our library here in Williamsburg, Iowa, I asked the manager and good acquaintance if he had a hot "TIP" on a restaurant worth checking out in Eastern Iowa. 

        His answer surprised me a little and also excited me. **Doesn't take much anymore. He said that he was going to give the name of the "Best Restaurant in Iowa!" Wow! Not just his home town of Dubuque, Iowa, but, the whole darn state.

        And, the original owner has a story to tell about moving or "getting out" of Chicago due to "Mob" stuff! I can't wait to get the full story one day after I stop drooling! The place is called Mario's Italian Restaurant and it sounds like the place isn't very "Fancy!" 

         After living in Des Moines for over 30 years and eating at most all the very fine Italian Restaurants there, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't measure up to many of those in Des Moines. I can't wait to shoot up to Dubuque some day soon! I love a good eatery tip! 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment