Saturday, June 23, 2018

BOYHOOD SNAPSHOT MEMORIES-part 1


**        My first memory of anything is riding my old tricycle on the sidewalk in front of our farm home. I believe, the tricycle had been my older sisters. The sidewalk wrapped around three sides of the house plus extending west some distance. 

**         Be awaken by my mother while sleeping in the back seat of our car after coming back home from a trip to Marshalltown. Only wanting to be left alone and continue sleeping in the car.

**         At a very young age, mowing our huge yard with a self-propelled "Reel" type lawn mower. It took, it seemed, most of the day to mow it all.

**         On the first day of school in kindergarten, sitting with classmates Jerry Roberts and Bob Baker and crying like babies.

**         Sitting inside the "igloo" I dug out from a huge snow drift and enjoying the sheer silence within.

**         Putting away neatly my toy trucks and cars in a lower southeast cabinet in our kitchen.

**         Braced and sitting up in a Mulberry tree located just north of our corn crib and enjoying those sweet purple morsels. 

----------------------------to be continued. 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment