Sunday, June 24, 2018

BOYHOOD SNAPSHOT MEMORIES-part 3

--------continued

**       Feeling the hair on my back rise every time I opened that "Door" to the coal room in our basement and not knowing what I scary thing I would be facing!

**      Just sitting and observing the feeder calves I helped raise in the feed lot and thinking that their faces were all different just like us!

**        The sad feeling that came over me when my 4-H calves were taken away after the County Fair Contest.

**       Just crawling through my "Secret Hide-Out" (a concrete 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 culvert that ran under the road a quarter mile south of our farm home and that couldn't be seen from road.) Even the Russians wouldn't have found me!

**       Playing with my closest neighbor kid Karen and having her get in a huff and threatening to never come back after playing who knows what . She always came back!

**       Crashing an old Schwinn 5 speed bike with no workable brakes into an old pile of concrete pieces down a ditch at a neighbor's home after careening off an old Combine and missing a barb wire fence. Luckily, only suffering a deep cut on my upper left arm.

**       Building a portable homemade pen after obtaining, I know not how, three small ducks that I appropriately called Huey, Dewey, and Louie. No we did not eat them!     

No comments:

Post a Comment