Friday, June 29, 2018

IS THIS PERSONAL OR JUST BUSINESS?


        While finishing up a window job this AM, 6/29/18, I learned while visiting with the owner that they were moving to]Johnston, Iowa to be closer to a son and four year old grand-son. She also mentioned that she will be selling several antique pieces along with several "quilts" that she has acquired through the years mostly from family. My ears picked up!

       Before I knew it, she was bringing down to me in her living room about six lovely quilts of which two I was interested in. I had mentioned that by Fall I want to get more involved in  "collectibles" including quilts which I have extreme fondness for. It started  years ago acquiring family quilts from both my grandmothers and mother. 

           One in particular that I liked and thought extremely cool in age, deign and color combinations was really calling me load and clear. She mentioned the price she would be asking after consulting a lady at our local Fabric Shop who is somewhat of an expert on quilts. 

         The "retail" price seemed quite reasonable and I was tempted to blurt out "SOLD!" I kept my mouth shut and asked her to at least give me until the 9th of  July to give her my answer. My big decision is letting this be my first big test in buying a quilt I personally like, but, am purchasing with he intent of making a profit when selling. 

          At least I have time to think it through and hopefully I won't cave if I do end up offering her less and then sticking to my guns. I may just try and will on most all transactions the old CASH offer approach. Stay tuned on my new adventure!   
        

No comments:

Post a Comment