Tuesday, June 12, 2018

25 YEARS W/ NO BOOZE!


         Someone posted on Facebook the other day  with reference to the speedy passing of time. For some reason it reminded me that has been over 24 1/2 years since I last had a drink of alcohol--January 1994. 

            It was something that I didn't necessarily think I would abstain for the rest of my life, but, I just did. There were many reasons or excuses along the way that I could have started again, even if just "mildly sociably!" When those times came along, good or bad, I always said to myself that it was not worth the possibility of ruining my life either health wise or socially!

            Through those years,I have also given up tobacco and thank goodness never have gotten in to drugs or gambling. Now, if I could just get used to eating lettuce 24/7 maybe my life would be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment