Sunday, June 24, 2018

A DAY OF SCENIC IOWA BEAUTY!


         Yesterday, Saturday, June 23, 2018, I was able to accomplish three things on a pleasant early Summer day. First, I drove to Urbandale, Iowa from Williamsburg, Iowa, to meet up with long time friend and Laurel classmate,  for a long overdue lunch at my favorite fast food eatery--Tasty Taco's, the one located at 86th and Hickman. Y-u-um!

        Then, I was off and up I-35 to Sheffield, Iowa, to attend a political rally for Shannon Latham who is running for State Senate. Shannon is the daughter-in-law of Linda Laverty Latham, my first cousin, a Laurel native and now residing in Urbandale, Iowa.  One reason I wanted to attend this event, besides showing support for a family en-devour, I had never driven to or around this area---Sheffield, Alexander.

          Most importantly, I just love driving and taking in any scenic beauty and especially this time of year in Iowa. This northern Iowa area is relatively flat, to say the least, but, to see all that green as far as the eye could see was magnificent. 

          On the return home, I am always impressed with the beauty of the bluffs/cliffs along the Iowa River going through Iowa Falls. And, a little south and east along highway 20 there is a bridge crossing of the Iowa River that is breathtaking if only able to glance at the treed bluffs to the left and right  for only a few seconds. 

            I was so happy to be able to get off my duff, get in my auto, and take a spin around this State with all the beauty and color it has to offer this time of year. Try it sometime--you'll like it!

              

     

No comments:

Post a Comment