Thursday, May 3, 2018

WOULDN'T MISS LAUREL REUNION FOR THE WORLD!


      Yesterday I received in the mail the invitation to the Laurel All School reunion to be held Saturday, June 9, 2018, at the Laurel Methodist Church.  First, it is to be held at noon this year instead of the evening as most prior years. (Last year it was held at lunch time in Haverhill, Iowa)
That is a great idea to have it at noon as guests won't, possibly, feel the pressure to leave and get home too late.

       Secondly, last year the meal was on a Pot Luck basis for the first time in my memory. Although, I do know Pot Lucks were popular many many years ago. The food last year was absolutely SPLENDOROUS-outstanding even! My only thought after the meal last year was why didn't sometime suggest this many years ago. 

        I'm sure one argument was that people coming from long distances shouldn't have to bring anything and try to keep it fresh. I bought a ticket to the Senator Joni Ernest Bash in Boone, Iowa that same day. Bye-Bye Joni! I wouldn't miss this homemade smorgasbord experience for anything-well almost anything!    

No comments:

Post a Comment