Thursday, May 3, 2018

SHE ESCAPED THE RUSSIANS!


        This past week while cleaning windows at the Amana Retirement Community, I visited shortly with a lady that had a distinctive accent. I simply asked her, like you know I would, what country she was from originally. Her reply was Germany. She quickly mentioned that she and her family came to the United States after fleeing Germany when the Russians invaded at the end of World War ll.

           I would love, some day, to go back and sit down with her to get her to talk more about what she remembers about the whole ordeal. Maybe that could be my next phase into writing. Her story could be fascinating--stay tuned!    PS. I found out after a lady visiting there asked for my card to do their home windows, that her husband was a big time Major League baseball player and had played at the Iowa's most famous baseball town--Norway! Stories everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment