Tuesday, May 1, 2018

TEACHERS--LAUREL CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL K-12


         The following outline was provided by Donna Ingraham Wernberg who began kindergarten with me in the fall of 1949 and we were classmates until graduation in the spring of 1962. 

Teachers Laurel Consolidated School K-12

Kindergarten- Mrs. Hansen with Virginia Howard assistant.

          About all I remember about Kindergarten is Jim Latham sticking his finger in the light socket in the bathroom off our room. I also remember napping. My sister, Jane, was in high school. I saw her go to the main bathroom. I asked to go. Just as I got there she came out. The huge heavy oak door hit me in the head and almost knocked me out. Mr. Craven was the superintendent.

1st Grade-Miss Agan

She got married that year. She came back for our graduation and also our 50th reunion.

2nd Grade Mrs Rosemary Tesinsky

          The new(high school) building was dedicated this year in 1951. The  superintendent was George Evens. I remember he had a huge paddle above his desk.

3rd Grade-Mrs. Murdock was our teacher.

I remember her as being kind and loving. Our class was so large and the 2nd grade was so small that we were split. Some of us were in with Mrs. Murdock and the others were in the 2nd grade room. Nikki Lawrence and I were the only girls in with Mrs. Murdock. When Nikki moved away, they asked me if I wanted to go to the other room, but, I said no. Leaving me the only girl in there.

----------------------------------------to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment