Thursday, May 24, 2018

RUNNING OUT OF GAS --NOT WHERE EXPECTED!


       Everyone was warning me about running out of gas when I was traveling the 400-500 mile stretch on the Loneliest Road. I usually filled up every chance I got and one time even at $4.00 a gallon I topped off at $6.00 worth. 

       Then, coming up I-25 from Trinidad, Colorado to Pueblo, Colorado, I must have just spaced out and looked down and I had only about 60 miles left worth of gas. And, there were no exits in sight except one little town ahead that gave me doubts. 

     With luck be have it, I rolled into an old fashion gas station where they actually still fix tires and had a mechanic. To boot, the gas was under $3.00 a gallon. What a relief it was to pull in there and hear that old fashion "ding ding" as you passed over that rubber hose in the drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment