Friday, May 25, 2018

DEATH VALLEY --QUITE BEAUTIFUL!


       In 1979-80, I remember driving through Death Valley California and recall seeing several huge sand dunes and long stretches of highway in what you think of as desert--so I thought.

          This past week, I drove down on I-395 and entered Death Valley from the west at Cartago and then exited at Death Valley Junction and on to I-95 and down to Las Vegas. This time and the route I took, had me going up into mountains and some quite beautiful terrain. 

            I think years ago, only a south portion of Death Valley was traveled on the way to the LA area or just thinking that I was going through there, but, really maybe the "Twilight Zone!" No matter. Both times have left me with very fond memories of this desolate yet beautiful area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment