Thursday, May 24, 2018

WAKE ME FOR ROYAL WEDDING!


        After arriving at my Best Western Inn at Topaz Lake on the Nevada-California border, on Friday evening, May 18. 2018, I made a call to my friend and old Laurel classmate, Tony Preston who now resides in Prescott, Arizona.

          He didn't answer due to the late hour, but, I left a message, humor in mind,  that I hoped he would give me a wake-up call for the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan at the early hour of 3-4AM. Well, I never did get a call back from Tony, but, somehow I woke up just before the wedding started. 

          I made a little coffee, sat back and totally enjoyed the entire wedding. I was especially touched by the singing by the chorus of Stand By Me which was originally done by Ben E. King back in the 1950's. I still possess an original 45 record of that tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment