Saturday, April 9, 2016

WITHOUT BOOZE WILL BOOGIE!


       I have written about my cousin, Bob, Bueghly, that taught me how to dance to R&R when I was very young in the mid 1950's. It not only helped my self confidence, but I was also able to walk right up to a young lady at a sock hop and asked her to dance. 

        Later in life, it also came in handy at a dance or club because I didn't have to have a few 
drinks like some guys did to build up a little confidence. Just get right out there and get to it! 

       Then, there was a time when I used to go to a place called "Denny Arthur's" in Urbandale, Iowa. It catered to the older crowd early in the evening and played 50's, 60's, 70's, and some 80's. Sometimes I would get there early, get a table close to the dance floor just to on occasion just enjoy the oldies and watch the dancing. 

       By this time in the late 1990's I no longer drank alcohol. I would have the server bring me a coffee or diet coke and would tip her very well in advance so as to give her incentive to provide good service. Denny Arthur, besides, encouraged free coffee to "designated driver's." I still love my oldies and  doing so without any added "encouragement!"

No comments:

Post a Comment