Saturday, April 2, 2016

EXPERIENCE OF BUYING A CAR/WHAT A TRIP!


       Thursday I drove to Cedar Rapids and after nearly nine hours started on my way back to Williamsburg with my new car. A 2012 pre-owned silver Chevy Cruze.  It all started by wanting to trade my old Buick for something a little newer and more reliable. Besides, it's getting closer to nice weather and time to do a little traveling.

        I started on-line at the McGrath web site and began talking to a "Courtney" and going over some of MY choices in cars. I went back to them because of their huge selection and had been treated pretty good on another ocassion.  Of course, when it came time to make an appointment to actually go to the Dealership, she told me to ask for a guy named "Dennis." He was the sales manager and then in turn would connect me with a salesperson. Courtney was simply the "voice" to lure you in. As an old real estate peddler, I was impressed with this marketing technique and was prepared for the PROCESS once arriving at the Dealership.

       The first thing was being introduced to Jordan my sales person. His job was to hang on to me until I signed on the doted line. The first thing I wanted to establish  was my credit worthiness, my price range, payment range and above all THE COLOR and then either a Chevy Malibu or Cruze.

       The color silver was at the top of the list. What color did they bring out first for me to look at was WHITE! A great deal though-for them I'm sure! The next one was also a deal of a life-time but was dark grey. Once my credit check and etc. was established, the payment was shown to me which was about a hundred dollars higher than my budget would allow on this grey Nissan. We were headed in the wrong direction!

      I finally grabbed a piece of paper and started with #1  COLOR-Silver!  #2  CRUZE OR MALIBU, #3 MY payment range, Pretty Simple! If we didn't get into MY simple wants, it would be time for me to go home! From there, I think they were getting the picture. I don't bluff!

        to be continued!--------------------------------

      


No comments:

Post a Comment