Saturday, April 2, 2016

OFF BUCKET LIST OR MAYBE NOT!


      One thing I have said most of my life is that if I ever won the Lottery or my oil wells started doing better, was to travel around the country and ride every huge roller coaster I could find. I may get my chance to ride a "BIG" one without winning the Lottery, but, it may be too late!

       At age 72, I don't know if it would be wise to try the new MONSTER roller coaster that will be opening this June at Adventureland in Altoona, Iowa. This ride is replacing the very popular Log Ride that was there for years.

     "There's nothing like it in the US, I can tell you right now." says Tim Baldwin, communications  director of the non-profit group, American Coaster Enthusiasts. It will stretch 2,500 long and reach a top speed of 65 mph. It will include a 133 foot vertical lift hill followed by a 101 degree drop. It will also include 10 "air-time" moments giving riders a feeling of  weightlessness. Even the Rollar Club of Great Britain plans on visiting here this summer.


      I do have time to think about and if I do will make sure all my "affairs are in order." All family members will be notified. Some I am sure will say "Go Dennis Go." and most will say, " I knew he was not mentally stable."  At least I have time to think about it. May wait till fall when the newness wears off. Stay tuned!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment