Sunday, April 3, 2016

EXPERIENCE OF BUYING CAR--PHASE II


       By the time I finally got everybody to understand what color and type of car I really wanted it was getting close to 5PM and I was stressed and hungry. I knew the finance phase would take a while and I just wanted to go home at that point and come back another day. A car dealer doesn't want to hear that. Jordan,was acting like he was getting upset and tried the Old "I have spent so much time on up till now you can't leave. 

     So I did the next best thing. I asked permission to leave the Dealership grounds and just go by myself and get a bite to eat. At least the stress was off for awhile until about 6PM or so. Now the fun part is about to begin. But, at least we have the right color, make, monthly payment amount, interest rate and all the rest!

       Next, though, I had to sit and wait a while before getting together with the "finance" guy.
The main thing I want to stress with this phase is the amount of paper work that there was. I used to sell real estate and I know that most times there was less paper in buying a home. I must of signed, printed, and initialed my name 200 times.

       Of course, I forgot about the pitch to include "the extended warranty deal. Only another $50 or so to cover everything on the vehicle even if a Martian comes down and steals it. No!  How about if we throw it in at only $16 a month! No! "You would not buy this at that price?" NO!  He threw it in for nothing! I am glad I stuck to my guns.

       By 8:45 and a picture taken with my new car and all the sales staff that was there that time of night, I was on the road back to Williamsburg. Just me and a little Guns & Roses, Pink Floyd and my 6 speed Cruze!

No comments:

Post a Comment