Saturday, April 2, 2016

WHOA HORSE @ ESTES PARK!!!


      A couple of ladies were talking about riding horses and experiences that they remembered sometime ago. Of course, I had a story of my own in mine!

      When I was very young and on one of our family vacations to Colorado, a horse riding memory came to mind. We were in Estes Park and there was a place that you could saddle up and go horse back riding. As a matter of fact this same place was still in business around ten years ago while there.

     While out west you have to go horse back riding. Most all of the horses were super gentle and most riders just followed them along in a line! On this one ocassion, Dennis with his cowboy hat and boots said Getty Up! At some point, my horse decided to take some action on his own and started to head for a lake that was close by.

       All I could do was pull back on the reins and keep saying Whoa! It was determined to keep on going straight into the lake. I didn't know if he was going for a swim and maybe we would end up on the other side of the lake. He finally just stopped and staring drinking. The poor horse was just thirsty, I guess. I will never forget that experience. He had me going for a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment