Thursday, April 7, 2016

INSTEAD OF LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA!


      With my new or 2012 pre-owned Chevy Cruze six speed, everybody better take notice. Now it's going to be "The not so little old guy from Williamsburg!" If you happen to see this silver streak passing you sometime on the interstate, it just might be me.

       A lot of people don't like to drive the interstates or the freeway even in Des Moines. I would love to go down there sometime and start at the east mix-master at the start off rush hour and drive to the west mix- master and go back and do it again! You can see why I had a few speeding tickets when I was a kid and beyond. 

       Years ago while living in Marshalltown, Iowa and headed down highway 330 (diagonal) to Ankeny to visit family, I was driving a SUV Ford Explorer. All of a sudden these two sports cars with two young guys went around me just flying. The race was on. I couldn't let these two young punks from Black Hawk County embarrass me. 

       Along one of the long flats I built up my speed and flew around them before they knew what hit them. And, they in turn weren't going to let some old guy in a green Ford SUV take them out. They never did pass me because about the time they tried I hogged the whole road even up hill so they wouldn't foolishly try to pass. I looked up once in awhile hoping there wasn't a Smokey lurking in the sky.

     When I finally reached the Ankeny turn-off I just reached out with my hand and waved good-bye to these young amateurs! Old age, deceit, and crotchetyness will beat youth and in- experience every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment