Thursday, April 28, 2016

REMEMBER DR MAX?


     A customer at the Burg Grocery that I have gotten to know well,brought up the subject of Dr. Max, a host years ago for a kid's show in the Cedar Rapids area. I sort of remembered him as we did get the Cedar Rapids  and Waterloo TV stations along with Des Moines due to our location as a kid growing up in northeast Jasper County. 

     The customer's point about Dr. Max was he was quite different out of range of the TV camera. I guess he was quite the drinker, potty mouth, and generally smoked these huge cigars. And, he evidently didn't like kids all that well. He sounded like someone should have or could have written a horror story about him! I bet there was a lot of truth behind several hows like that around he country. Please tell me that Mr.Rogers wasn't like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment